In-Church Discussion Questions
- What does it mean to you that “God is love”? How does this understanding impact yourview of God and His actions?
- In what ways, did the sermon challenge or reinforce your understanding of love as depicted in 1 John 4:7-16
- Reflect on the idea of love as a sacrifice, as described in 1 John 4:10.Can you think of examples from your life or others' where love was expressed through sacrifice?
Growth Group Discussion Questions
- Discuss the statement, "No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abieds in us and his love is perfected in us" (1 John 4:12). How does loving others reveal God to us and to the world?
- What are some practical ways you can show God's love to others in your daily life?
- Consider a situation where it's difficult to show love. How can you apply the principles of a sacrificial love in this context?
- Reflect on a time when you experienced God's love through someone else. How did that experience impact your faith and understanding of God's love?
- In what areas of your life do you find the hardest to believe in and rely on God's love? How can you seek to grow in trust and belief in these areas?