1. Why do you think suffering is so prevalent in the world?
2. In what ways have you, or are you currently, experiencing suffering?
3. How has God changed you through your suffering? What lessons did you learn?
4. How can you help others with those lessons?
5. Peter instructs the believers to rejoice ‘as they share in Christ’s sufferings’. How does the fact that Jesus suffered help us?
6. What does entrusting yourself to a faithful creator (v19) look like for you? How do you do it?
7. Peter says that you should do this, while doing good. Why do you think it is important to keep doing good, even in the midst of suffering?
8. Is it ever God’s will for people to suffer? Why or why not?
9. How has this passage changed the way you understand suffering?